The ups, the downs, the exciting parts, the parts where you scream death at them... it could only be love... the roller coaster ride that someone has dragged you onto after you told them time and time again that you didn't want to... that it would end badly... just like every other one.
Each relationship has ending in tears, screaming fits of rage, hate mail and gossip being spread, friends threatening death to them and you secretly hoping that they would wake up to themselves and beg you to take them back... only so you can be the one to break his heart next time. When he does finally call you, if you are one of those lucky girls, you will get sucked in too deep and then before you know it, he is breaking your heart for the second time around... because he obviously enjoyed the trip a lot the first time.
You swear against love, swear you will never let a man into your heart ever again, your bruised and slightly torn vessel that is so vital to your existence... it hurts... making living each day just a little harder then it should be, a little less significant, a little less happy.
And yet, another man comes, spins you the same story, you get to know each other, fall in love, blah blah blah, all is happy... then... BAM!!!! the same thing happens. You are alone, heart broken, lying in bed, curled up in a ball, surrounded by chocolates and empty tubs of ice cream, dirty tissues on the bed around you, you looking like you haven't slept for days... you're hurt, you feel like an idiot for letting him in that far, you should have gotten out when you had the chance.
Now, I am only 19, What do I know about love you ask...? Well... most people would say I know absolutely nothing. Zip. Zilch. Zero. And... well... you're probably right. I am not in love... I have no one to be in love with. There is no one in love with me. I am in no sort of relationship... but... I have seen many people go through the roller coaster ride they like to call 'love'
Whoever is reading this... if anyone... is probably thinking that I am a synical 19 year old who will grow up alone and die a lonely, bitter woman... well... I believe you are wrong. I believe in love. True love... not all this fake love people pass around... Kids... who are 14 years old telling their 'boyfriend' they love them... come on... they have been dating a week and don't even know what the word means.
I believe in the different kinds of love. There is love you can have for your family, your friends, for a pet, for a hobby and there is the kind of love that is true, that is ever lasting, that can not ever be replaced. Love is something you may need to make sacrifices for. Something that you can feel, something that makes you happy every day.
True Love always finds a way.
True Love... is something I am looking for.
No comments:
Post a Comment