Thursday, July 1, 2010

Your wilted roses make me cry

The first day of the month.
The first day of the second half of the year.
It's like a new beginning.
A new chance to start over.
New goals.
New dreams.
New ambitions.
It is the second month of Winter, and I am loving every cold, icy morning of it.
The cold brings snow, the snow brings me happiness and happiness is amazing.
Happiness in this world is something that doesn't come freely. Feeling happy about one thing will usually result in you feeling unhappy or guilty about another thing. In the busy cities, happiness is even harder to coma by. Peoples fast paced lives constantly moving, rarely being able to just stop and take in the beautiful world around them. As lame or cliche that may sounds, it is very true. Just recently I witnessed an eclipse. For me, this was very exciting. A natural phenomena that occurs very rarely which people take for granted. In the city, it is almost impossible to even see the sky. You can't see the stars. So how would people in the city have been able to witness this amazing mystery?

Recently, my friend confessed to me that he would like to be married within the next five years. At first when I heard this I took the news as rather confronting. It was unexpected. Something I haven't heard from a person who is nineteen. After I had time to fully process what he was saying it made sense. Knowing that young, who the person you wanted to spend the rest of your life with would be amazing. Now, my ability to screw things up is actually rather high. It has happened before. It will happen again. I have always been the one to screw up something good, time and time again it happens. I guess you get used to it, expecting that the love of your life will come along when he does, you just have to sit and wait. Now, having a male person tell you that he wants to get married is refreshing. Men are usually the kind of people who like the single life. No committment right...? When he confessed this to me, it made me think... is romance really dead...? or is it very much alive but well hidden? Maybe, we just need to search for it. The love, it has to be out there somewhere.
Now, as stupid as this post my sound compared to my last post, I do believe this is true. The romance can't be dead. It will never be dead. We just need to find it. We need to find that person who is willing to be romantic. But being alone, well it starts to make you doubt it, you get this little nagging feeling telling you that you won't find love. You will search all your life and still not find it. Well, I have news for you... You will find love, find romance, find happiness... all you have to do is believe and have faith. Something I am working on every day.

1 comment:

  1. Well... good to know I wasn't the only one completely shocked when he said that. I love you... I know you're not a book.. glad you haven't started charging me yet.... Single life forever.... or we'll get married to each other when we're 40 :) love you darling xoxo

    ReplyDelete