Saturday, October 30, 2010

You Know It Might Not Be That Bad

Today, I cleared out all my psychology text books. They are sitting in a pile on the floor. Seriously... I could think of a better place... like the bin, but, considering I paid money for them I guess I should probably sell them. Still, I fell good about having cleared them out of my desk.
My travel box is getting bigger. More booklets of countries I will one day visit are slowly piling up. It makes me happy to look at it.
I think, after much consideration, that I am going to start meditation. I mean really... what harm can it do? Surely it will be of some sort of benefit to my body... right..?
Tomorrow I shall start to work out what I want to do with my life. It shall be a fresh start. And it shall be great. Distance education may be involved... Or perhaps change of address... because we all know that would be fun!! The only unfortunate part is that my parents are not cashed up enough to help me live... unlike many of my friends.

Today, one of my best friends said to me "remember when we were happy?". The question, having never been asked it before, took me by surprise. I then realised that I am not the only person who knows I am unhappy. It also made me realise that I am not the only person who is unhappy. One little question, so much realisation. I am unhappy. I am not the only one who is unhappy. There are many people worse off than myself. There are many people better off than myself. I need not be jealous of these people. Here I was thinking I was a good person, helping out my parents frequently, helping my sisters and friends, and then I realised I am absorbed in my world, so absorbed that I didn't even realise one of my best friends is unhappy. How selfish of me. When I think about it, I really shouldn't be unhappy. I have many people who love me and I have a great life.
Today is the time for a new attitude. I'm going to take this time off to turn my life around.

No comments:

Post a Comment